Sunday, November 4, 2007

faithfulness

I was at an area wide senior high youth group retreat this weekend. It was great! The retreat was at Camp Geneva in Holland. I was so excited to see the new buildings, but I was excited to see one thing remained. My spot...the bench.

Right before you head down the stairs to the beach their is a bench. I sat on this bench 10 years ago and made the choice to allow Jesus to be the Lord of my life. Over the past 10 years my life has had ups and down and where I am right now is not even close to where I thought I should be, but God is faithful.

As I sat in my bench I heard the waves coming on the shore. Some were small, others bigger, but each had a purpose. God designed them for a specific role. Just like you and I.

Even though my life isn't where I thought it would be, it is where God designed it to be. I trust him that the next ten years will be the same as the past...

A journey into falling more and more in love with Him alone.

No comments: