Thursday, October 16, 2008

Expectency

Friends, I serve a God who is on His throne. I serve a God who reigns over all. And even though there are times it doesn't feel like He is present I WILL NOT stop serving.

I believe pray changes things. I believe pray not only is our communication to God, but it scares Satan. There is power in prayer. Lately I have asked you to lift up the Busscher family whose daughter Grace who is playing in Heaven's playground. I asked you to pray for Terri Stout who was hit by a car on Monday, (she remains in critical condition). I asked you to pray for Sydney Timmer who is now dancing with Jesus in heaven.

Today I ask you to pray for my friends Dusty and Lindy VerBeek. Here is their story...

Dear Partners in Prayer,
The twins (Maxwell and Samantha) of Dustin and Lindy VerBeek (members at Haven) were born today, but Samantha is in urgent need of our prayers. The doctors needed to do an emergency C-section for Samantha. Due to the emergency events surrounding her birth she was deprived of oxygen for a time and doctors are uncertain as to whether or not she will survive. Because we trust a God who is strong and mighty to save, because He IS our mighty God, our refuge and strength and our ever present help in time of need, trouble, storm, doubt and fear...we cry out to Him for His strong and mighty arm for Samantha. Praise Him for being all these things and for hearing and answering prayer. Pray that Samantha's life will be spared and that there will be no ill effects for her afterward. Pray that God will surround Dustin and Lindy and their families with complete peace and assurance as they wait on Him. And then trust Him to do all that you have asked for in accordance with His will.

The next 72 hours are very crucial. Maxwell is in Zeeland still, but Samantha has been taken to DeVos Children's Hospital in GR, where she is in an induced coma to allow her brain to rest and recover. Dustin and Lindy request that you do not visit at this time, but they are extremely grateful for your prayers.

Remember...God is good...all the time; He hears and answers prayer; and He is able, more than able, to do so much more than we could ever dream.


Friends, God is in control! I believe it and I know He can do miracle in Samantha's life. Haven we will remain a strong united body.

No comments: