Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1 year to 48 hours...

A year seemed so long, when I first began to think of going to Africa. Now it is 48 hours away.

In 48 hours, I will be at the airport getting ready to board the plane.
In 48 hours...

I just can't fathom that. The past 2 days have been great. I was overwhelmed at the commissioning service Sunday. (I learned that next time I speak about Beautiful Gate again, the video is going to be after we talk, not before.) Walking into church that morning I felt so humbled that God was choosing me to go. I kept looking at the 8 luggage bags full of supplies that are going to help the people of Lesotho so much and I was overwhelmed. Haven, like I said in the morning, you are coming with us. With your donations of clothes, toys, medical supplies, school supplies and financial support, you are coming with us. As I stood before you on Sunday, I just had to look at your faces. After seeing the video of the children smiling and looking at you smiling back at us, I felt God's smile. I felt His peace. I felt His joy. I felt His grace and mercy. I felt His love.

Father may I love you by loving the children of Beautiful Gate. May I bring you a smile that never leaves your face, because you are so good. Thank you God for allowing me to experience what you are going to show me. Thank you for giving me a team of people to go with that will walk through every joy and frustration with me. Thank you for loving me with such a crazy love that makes me want to do nothing else, but love you back. love you Abba!!!

I am not sure how often I will be able to update this blog, but check our team blog for updates. team blog.

thank you everyone.

1 year...

48 hours.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yeah!! 48 hours! I am so excited for you. Please hug each and every one and love on them like a mother would....
I am so excited to see how God is going to work through you and the others. I hope and pray that you have a great time!!