Thursday, May 29, 2008

Daddy's arms

A friend and former colleague of mine was in a bad accident Friday. When I heard what had happened I was shocked that I am not attending a funeral this week. He was on a tractor and started to loose control. He then turn the tractor to the left and jumped out to the right. The tractor then rolled over his body shattering his arm. I can't imagine what was going through his head when this was happening. You see he was not alone on the tractor, his 3 year old son was on his lap. When he jumped off the tractor he grabbed his son and laid in the fetal position shielding him from the direct hit of the tractor. His son received a cut on his head.

Because of the accident I have been thinking about God's mighty arms. They shield us from the world when it is rolling over us. And even though we might suffer cuts and bruises God's body is shattering to protect us. He is willing to take on the weight of the world to make sure we are safe. He cradles us in His mighty arms and says, "I love you, things will be okay."

God wants to wrap his arms around you. He wants to protect you from the darkness of the world. You only need to open your heart to him, letting him take control. This is easier said than done. There are many times I doubt God's plans, I dwell to much on the "cut" I have and don't notice the pain that God goes through to protect me.

My friend is not a small guy, he was able to wrap his body tightly around his son. I serve a BIG God who not only wrapped his arms around my friend and his son on Friday, but wraps his arms around us everyday.

No comments: