Sunday, June 15, 2008

we are not safe...ANYWHERE

(Okay bloggers this post might be all over the place but please hang with me.)

I am weeping as I write to you tonight. I feel overwhelmed by Satan's evil plans and I am at a lost. Tonight at Haven we had a special night of worship. During the evening service we watched a video of one of my favorite speakers, Nick Vujicic. We also had an extended time of worship, which is a very special time for us, not as Haven, but as children of our King. Also during the evening service we witnessed an infant baptism. It was so innocent to see this baby boy dressed in white being presented to our heavenly Father. While this was happening God took my head and turned it to the balcony. Why I looked there I still don't know? In the balcony I saw two 15 year old girls playing with a magic 8 ball. My stomach turned. Here we are as a body welcoming into our family a precious little child and Satan was raging in the balcony. I know that where ever we go Satan is firing his arrows of doubt, fear, loneliness and so much more. I also know that he is in our churches every time the are grudges or unresolved feelings between brothers and sisters in Christ, but I have NEVER felt him the way I did tonight.

I tried to focus on what God was saying through Nick, but my mind and heart were stuck on the 8 ball. I know there are some people who believe the magic 8 ball is a toy, but it is not!!! It is a tool that Satan uses and it has no place in God's sanctuary. During extended worship I had a hard time focusing on the cross, because I felt so heavy. One song we sang was called Finally I Surrender. A few lines said, "You are God, I am man, You are Sovereign." I need to claim this everyday.

Brothers and sisters now is the time we need to unite as the body. Satan is raging and we can not let him win. Jesus is the king, He is the only one on the throne, but every time we enter into worship with a grudge or hurtful feeling toward someone we are playing with an 8 ball. I challenge everyone right now to pray for God to show you what is holding you back from sitting in His mighty hand. I am not saying I have this all together. When I am done with this entry I will be making some calls. I have to. I can't let Satan win anymore.

Believers now is the time. Jesus is coming. We need to be ready and we need to take as many people to heaven with us as we can.

2 comments:

Holly Heeres said...

Wow, Terp,
That just gripped my heart. You are so right when you say we need to ask God to show us what is holding us back! It is so easy to listen to Satan! Thank you for your vulnerability and honesty!

Unknown said...

hey lovely- let the worry go. God's got it!