Sunday, August 10, 2008

good or great?

To say it has been a rough week would be an understatement. It seems not a minute goes by and I don't think of Brian, Kathy, Jackson and Grace. My heart continues to break for them.

Tonight at church we had a Spirit driven worship service. We watched the video I showed at SERVE, called "Cardboard Testimonies" and then as the music went on we were invited to write out our own cardboard testimonies. I wept over the brokenness in our body, but I rejoice in the healing God has given. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a moment where God came in and turned their life around. Are you willing to share your moment? I hope so, because someone needs to hear it.

I watched an interview of Misty May and Kerri Walsh last night (USA Beach Volleyball players). The interviewer asked which one of you is the better player? Misty said, "we are both good, but together we are great." This week I saw a lot of "great". People coming together to help each other. Praying around Brian and Kathy's house last week, was great. Seeing each other's brokenness tonight...great. Sitting on a couch sharing life with a friend...great. Sitting around a kitchen island with people who are walking the grief journey everyday...great.

We can not do this life alone. We are created to be great. We are created to need each other. Please continue to pray for Brian and Kathy and their families. If you are interested in being apart of a committed prayer group for them for the next year, let me know.

My cardboard testimony...

Years of living in FEAR of being alone.

None But Jesus!!!

No comments: