Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Game Results

Tonight, I lost...MY VOICE from yelling so much in the SENIOR'S VICTORY!!!! Yes, my first Powder Puff coaching experience was a BIG, fat "W". The final score was 12-2, with them scoring only by a safety (for you non football fans, a safety is when the offense fumbles the ball in the other teams endzone). I was so proud of the team and the coaching staff. Hopefully I will be able to post some photos at a later time.

To be honest tonight was WAY more, than a simple powder puff game, it was about purpose. It was great to be back with students again. It felt so amazing to complete a "job" with joy. My heart is so happy. A good friend of mine pulled me a side after the game and said, "you are smiling again." I was smiling, not because of the win, but because my life felt full again.

I am so excited now for the retreat this weekend. I am excited to be with high schoolers, worshipping our Abba Daddy. Amy told me a great quote this week and even though I don't remember it word for word, it hasn't left my mind. It said something like, "stop looking for happiness and let God show you." There are so many things in my life that I overlook, because I am looking for what I think is happiness. God's view of happiness is different than ours. I think this is because we can't even imagine what heaven will be like, so we try to find joy in earthly things, that will only be destroyed.

Thank you Jane. Thank you Nate. Thank you seniors. And thank you God, for giving me a great night of worship, on a football field.

No comments: