Saturday, January 3, 2009

life...

I have been thinking a lot lately about life. I believe this is a result from attending 3 funeral/visitations in 10 days. It is hard not to think about life, when you are reminded how precious it is.

I love the line from Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, "You life is an occasion, rise to it." It makes me think, what legacy am I leaving behind? What mark on this world am I making? Am I fully rising to the life God intended me to have?

I have been asked the same question by 5 people in the past month. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I laugh at this question. I think goals are good, but apart of me thinks they are of the flesh. When I was in college I had a "five year plan." I was going to be married, be a mom, have my own youth group, live in my house and travel out of the country. Well, I have been out of college for 5 years and none of those have happened. Do I see myself as a failure? No. When I look at the goals I had, I see that my priorities were out of line. I couldn't achieve any of those goals in the way God wanted me to unless I was FULLY in love with Him first. I can't love a husband or a child, if I can't love God. I can't lead a youth group until I am in awe of who is leading me. Honestly, for me I have not been fully in love with God until this year.

2008 brought many joys and trials, but through all of them, I learned to say, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty. Here am I send me. (Isaiah 6)

So what is my response to that famous question? I can only hope, that in five years I am making a difference for Christ. I don't know exactly what that looks like, but God does and I trust Him, because I love Him and am loved by Him.

No comments: