Tuesday, October 30, 2007

trust

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

As a child I got a gold star on my memory verse chart for memorizing these verses. As I journey through life here on earth I am finding out there is a HUGE difference between memorizing verses and knowing what the verses mean. Anyone can memorize a few lines, but not until you live out the verse does it make sense. I am not saying I have this mastered, in fact I am just learning what is means to know the Word of God, to chew on it, breathe it out, consume it.

I pray daily that I can trust in God's ways and not think about what I would like. In college I made a list of goals I wanted to have accomplished by the time I turned 25. Well, my 25th birthday was few years ago and hardly any of those goals were ever completed. I don't have my own house, I'm not married, I'm not a paid youth director. But everyday I wake up I am learning to say, "God your goals not mine. Your plan not mine." And not only am I learning to say that, but I am starting to believe it and TRUST in Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all.

No comments: