Wednesday, October 31, 2007

adopted

Ephesians 1:5 says, "In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ"

My best friend and her husband are in the processing of adopting their son, Noah from Guatemala. It is heart breaking to look into their eyes as they wait until the day they get the call they can go and take him home. My heart aches every time I am with them and someone asks, "when is Noah coming home?" Every date they have been given has come and gone and Noah is still not here.

I was thinking today if God's heart aches like my friend's. Is He up in heaven waiting for "the call", when we choose to follow Him? Is he frustrated by the angels who say, "when are they going to come?" Does He get upset every night when He can't put us to bed? Or sit with us and play? Does God weep over our souls?

I believe He knows the day, time and place when all will come to completion and we will be home with Him. Until that day comes I groan.

Romans 8:23
"...we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies."

No comments: