Tuesday, December 11, 2007

clinging

I had a great picture this morning as I was driving into work. I was listening to Tim Hughes (surprise, surprise), Clinging to the Cross. The chorus is...

Simply to the cross I cling
Letting go of all earthly things
I'm Clinging to the cross
Mercy's found a way for me
Hope is here as I am free Jesus,
You are all I need
I'm Clinging to the cross

I imagined what it would look like to cling to the cross. To only hold on by my finger tips as the world is pulling me away. Looking down I saw nothing, an empty valley many yards below. So I focused more an more on my finger tips, until my hand got extremely tired. Then I looked under me and saw I was sitting in the hand of God.

So often I look at my weak finger tips and the emptiness below (loneliness, lack of direction) but I forget to look under me and see that God is holding me and I will not fall.

1 comment:

Amy S said...

Thank you for this beautiful image and powerful reminder that God WILL NOT let us go!
Love you so much, buddy! Thanks for being YOU. Thanks for being faithful to be a witness for Christ today. Love you!!