Sunday, October 26, 2008

overwhelmed

My heart is so overwhelmed right now. I reached that place tonight in worship, where it felt like I was at the throne of God and I didn't want to leave. I closed my eyes and just simply delighted in my Lord.

There was a point in David's life, where he to just worshiped. 2 Samuel 22: 3-7 says...

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent men you save me.

4 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

5 "The waves of death swirled about me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

6 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

7 In my distress I called to the LORD;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.

Lately I have felt like I have been entangled by the cords of destruction. There is so much going on that I can't fix, or don't have answers for. There is so much hurt, so much pain, so much loss. I have felt as though I was worshiping, but there was a handcuff on my heart. Tonight, the chain was broken and I became overwhelmed, overwhelmed by my God. Yes, there is hurt, but there is joy and love and peace.

"Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come. With all Creation I sing 'Praise to the King of King you are my everything and I will adore you.'"

I want for God to be my EVERYTHING. I just want to sit in His presence and not leave. I have come to terms with the fact this week, that I can not be any body's everything. I can not save anybody. I can not change anybody. Only God can. I just hope someday He will use me to bring about His glory. I pray that the Lord of all lords, the Name above every name, takes delight in my offering of worship.

2 Samuel 22:20

He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.

"My soul longs for you. My soul longs for you. Nothing else will do. Nothing else will do. I believe you will come, like the rain."

I am overwhelmed...

No comments: