Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Over 2000 years ago, Christ came in a manger to save us all. Today was filledwith differnet emotions. I woke up excited and ready to celebrate Jesus' birthday. There was joy wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, even if it was over Facebook, Text messaging or a wave through a window. The family came, and we had a great morning together, simply being together. I missed my brother Ben, he had to work. Ben and I are close, so celebrated without him was hard. After everyone left I had a great time of simply worshipping my Lord. I played my guitar, read the Christmas story and prayed. I spent a lot of time praying for those who are spending Christmas without their loved one. The Busschers, Timmer/VanKampens, Baumanns, and Buursemas. It was a great afternoon. I celebrated later in laughter with a great phone call from a treasured friend.

Tonight my emotion turned from joy to sorrow. 2 of my former students at Zeeland were is a serious car accident. Jordan Dreyer and Brandon Doud both 17. Jordan was killed in the accident. I don't understand God's timing and I know that any day you loose a loved one is tough, but Christmas.

I am not doubting. I am not going to get angry. I am going to continue to praise God. I am going to praise Him in the good times and bad.

Over 2000 years ago, Christ came and tonight I just want Him to come back!

No comments: