Sunday, August 23, 2009

39 days...

The count down has begun, 39 days until I board a plane and head to Africa. 39 days, until my eyes will see things that words can not describe. 39 days until (what I have been told) my heart will be broken into pieces. 39 days until I see the face of Christ.

Beautiful Gate recently took on 14 new babies into their facility. This means the house we were going to stay at is now filled with kids that simply need to be loved. God provided a place for us to stay not too far from the orphanage. He has provided the funds for us to and is continuing to provide donations of crayons, clothes, medical supplies and dental supplies, for us to give to the kids. God is our provider.

While at Beautiful Gate we have a few projects to do, such as minor landscaping. Since it will be spring time we are going to be planting flowers around the facilities to bring in God's joy. Our main "project" is to simply love on the kids. To spend time with these precious gifts of God by holding them, playing with them, feeding them and simpling "being" with them. We are also praying for opportunities to visit other orphanages in the area. One in particular is not a safe place. There is no real supervision, which means the older kids have been known to rape the younger ones. As sad as that fact is, it ties closely to Beautiful Gate. You see, Beautiful Gate can only care for 60 kids. The closer they get to that number, the more decisions need to be made. Beautiful Gate was designed for kids 5 and under, but since adoptions are put on hold (again) the kids are getting older and are not leaving Beautiful Gate. The next step for them, is unknown.

I am not really sure what to expect. I believe God is already stripping away things in my heart to prepare me for the trip. Lately I question every thing I do. For example, do I really need to go out to eat tonight when that money could be used to buy more hats and mittens for the kids. I pray He is stripping away things, so when I get there I can see Hiim clearly.


Ways you can pray...
~team unity
~safe travel
~the God would be the leader of our team and show us exactly where He needs us to be
~Beautiful Gate, it's staff, the children and the surrounding communities
~adoptions to be opened again and stay open

Here is a video of the precious faces I will meet... click here
39 days...

1 comment:

Kim Lubbers said...

I wish I was going with you! I would love to go and love on those little babies!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip:) You will be such a blessing to those children! Are there any specific things you are more in need of before you go?