Thursday, November 1, 2007

baggage

This morning I woke up and my arms and shoulders just felt like they weighed 100 pounds each. Since I am, well you know, getting older I immedately start thinking about everything I did the day before that might have caused this to happen. Then it hit me.

Yesterday I watched my 6 week old nephew and niece. I took them to work, out for lunch with some friends, to my mom's work and my church's Halloween party. Taking out babies this old means you need to carry them in a very awkward car seat and I had 2!

I was thinking today how great it felt yesterday to set down the car seats at certain moments to let my arms rest. I thought about how we carry so many burdens with us. It might be guilt, jealousy, lust, etc. When you release those how great does it feel? Very light, right?. But how many times after you have released something do you internalize it the next day. I know I do! I might "release" something, but still have it in the back of my mind for weeks to come.

I pray today for all who read this that you may TOTALLY release anything that is holding you away from having a relationship with the One not only wants to take our junk, but took it on the cross over 2000 years ago. So we may have a light life.

No comments: