Wednesday, June 17, 2009

update #2

2 posts in 1 night!!!!!

There are a lot of exciting new adventures happening in my life. (No I am not getting married, but a friend of mine is reading a great book, that I can't wait to get. It is called, "If singleness is a gift what is the return policy?") I don't really feel comfortable going into details yet, but I am taking steps of faith and trusting in God's plan and purpose for my life.

I want to post a picture for you guys. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Lindy is someone who knows the power of God's healing. Her faith is amazing. I can only hope that if I was faced with the things she has been, I would stand as tall as she is and proclaim the power of my God. He healed her daughter 7 months ago and I know she too will feel His power flow through her veins. I was trying to figure out away that I could be in continued prayer for her, her husband Dusty and their 3 beautiful kids. Even though I have been growing my hair out for awhile I knew that cutting was what had to happen and I would do it again in a second. Now every time I touch my short hair, I pray. Every time someone says, "nice hair", I pray. Needless to say Lindy and Dusty you are prayed for a lot, not only by me, but by thousands of people all over the world. God is going to use this, for his plan and his purpose.

Since Lindy hasn't seen the hair, yet this picture is for you. Please give me some grace, it was late, and my product was fading fast.



For prayer updates on the VerBeeks, click on the link to the right.

2 comments:

Kim Lubbers said...

Well it is about time! Are you on FB so much that you can't update your blog?? ha ha!! Now its my turn to give you a hard time:) Fun haircut!!

Anonymous said...

TERP! You look awesome. I can't believe you did that for me. You are so sweet and a beautiful woman. I saw your hair for the first time Sunday night on the webcast of church when you were up front on the chairs (fun service by the way). Anyway...love the hair. I can't wait to see it in person. -Lindy